FORUMS: list search recent posts

super über slow motion

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sam iravanian
super über slow motion
on Mar 28, 2008 at 3:55:37 pm

Hi,
I'm an artist working in Norway and just got twixtor pro installed. i have a very bad problem I need to solve NOW. I have a footage of a guy doing some movements with his hands and need to slow it down as much as possible. I am not talking about 25-50%..but maybe from 3 sec material to a minute.
I know, this sounds completely ridiculous, specially if shoot with a normal hd camera with normal speed. Well, that's the problem.
The second problem is that I basically know jackshit about after effects and twixtor and need all help i can get.
Can you please tell me how to extremely slow down the speed in the best way possible?
pleaaaase?

thank you all!

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: super über slow motion
on Mar 28, 2008 at 5:00:25 pm

If you press After Effects (the blue accordion bar)
http://revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/support/
You will find more

If you want to produce a 20X slowdown
Simply 1) drop your footage in comp1, set comp1 duration to a minute (1500 frames at 25 FPS)
2) drop comp1 into comp2 (new comp from comp so it is 1500 frames as well)

In Twixtor set Mode to Speed (it defaults to frame)
Set Speed to 0.05 %
Render

Pierre

Return to posts index

sam iravanian
on Mar 28, 2008 at 5:04:42 pm

thanks for the fast reply...but i think i forgot to mention that i also wanted a smooth look, not the usual slow motion, but more like "matrix"...if you see what I mean..:)
It's gotta look like shot with a high speed camera(i think you understand my problem a bit better now)

thanks again
sam

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Mar 28, 2008 at 5:29:54 pm

One issue with extreme slow mo is any small error you have plenty of time to see. Normally for this sort of effect it can work best to shoot against a green screen (something keyable) otherwise you might need to provide a roto matte of the actor (or more).

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]