FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reelsmart OFX Linux plugin for Nuke 5

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Silwerfeldt
Reelsmart OFX Linux plugin for Nuke 5
on Mar 16, 2008 at 10:39:25 am

Hi

I can see that you have done OFX version of reelsmart motionblur for windows. Are you working on a Linux OFX version that works for Nuke 5?

If you have anything in works please contact me ASAP even if its just in beta testing...

Cheers
Daniel Silwerfeldt

Radar Film ApS

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Reelsmart OFX Linux plugin for Nuke 5
on Mar 16, 2008 at 5:16:55 pm

We have that working I think,
Send me an email at pierre@revisionfx.com

Pierre

Return to posts index

Sancho Rodriguez
on Mar 19, 2008 at 8:18:38 am

Hi
I thought the entire purpose of the OFX API was to have an architecture independent system for plugins, so that you would write the actual OFX plugins only once, and what actually changed between systems, would be the OFX client, so that for instance, you would have for each application, like Nuke, Fusion, Toxik, whatever, some part of the code dedicated to "hosting" the OFX plugin, but that the OFX plugin itself would just connect to this client, and in this sense, you wouldn't have to write a plugin for dozens of applications, each application would have its own OFX host, and they all would access a common OFX plugin.
Regarding this still, i noticed you have MotionBlur OFX for Toxik, but for windows only atm. Wouldn't this work for Nuke for instance, since it's an OFX plugin? When can we expect an linux version of this? x86-32 and x86-64, since some of us just invested into toxik 2008 x86-64 linux.
Thanks for your time, and please correct any wrong assumptions i might be making about OFX.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Mar 19, 2008 at 4:17:57 pm

Well, in a perfect world, when you implement an OFX plugin it would work in all host applications.

We do not live in a perfect world. There are bugs in host apps, and unimplemented features. Just because a plugin API exists, doesn't mean that all hosts implement all the features we need. And navigating through which features work in which host applications is quite the task. Often times we have to put in special code based on the host application to turn on and of features that are supposed to work, but don't (or worse: cause the plugin or host to crash).

That said, our first version of RSMB for OFX (version 3.2.1), does not work in Nuke. But our next version will work in Nuke. And the next version will work in toxik for Linux (both 32 and 64 bit) as well as WIndows. bottom line: our next version will work on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux (both 32 and 64 bit).

Stay tuned, because the release of the next version is imminent (look for it very soon!)
Pete
http://www.revisionfx.com

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Mar 20, 2008 at 4:11:14 am

Sancho, press reload in your browser
x86-64 shows up for me... :)

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved