deinterlacing question

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan RAPAPORT
deinterlacing question
on Mar 7, 2008 at 8:02:17 pm

Hello
I'm a freelancer working on combustion

A company send me images defielded but really nicely and it's not a frame blending, it seems to be really an interpolation like optical flow (they just kept one field but the result is astonishing).
Can I send a sequence after and before and can you tell me it revisions fx plugs can do the same? And how to do it in order to obtain the same result? (if possible of course)

Thx

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: deinterlacing question
on Mar 7, 2008 at 8:10:07 pm

Try FieldsKit 2

The deinterlacer has 2 different optical flow based field merging modes

Pierre

Return to posts index

Dan RAPAPORT
on Mar 7, 2008 at 9:47:27 pm

Result is not the same, fieldkit is not as good as what the company gave me.
I'm maybe not very good with Fieldskit 2.
They used the upper field only.

The company which send me the files developped their own plugin.

If by any chance you wanna have a look, or even try to get the same quality on your side, I put the source files and the company's result, here :
http://zecomplete.free.fr/revisionFX/
(shot044A and shot044B)(upload is on the way)

I was really wondering if fieldskit can give me the same result (or with the help of one of your other plugin)

NB: using FieldsKit leaves many artifacts in the sea for instance (zooming 200%) that I don't have with the home made.
Their result is so gooood !

Thanx

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Mar 11, 2008 at 12:42:49 am

Thanks for the challenge...

I am looking at the first one you sent (boat on water)

Here's a sample result I snapped out to see,
http://www.revisioneffects.com/bugreports/rvfx.mov
you might like theirs best or this one. I think theirs is a bit oversharpen (but it looks like the video source itself has some sort of incamera enhancement), I could push that too.

However I need combination of SmoothKit and DE:Noise and good eyes to make it as good or better. FieldsKit by itself
is struggling on this shot (good one) to remove deinterlacing jaggies without creating extra softness, if you play with SmoothVertically say 2.0 versus 0.0, and then use the embedded sharpen you will see FieldsKit screwsups a bit, it's in part I think it's because we use internally luminance comparisons and in this case blue is only 0.12 of the luminance for us here...something for me to play with, something for me to play with I guess.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Dan RAPAPORT
on Mar 12, 2008 at 4:51:47 pm

Thx for trying
your result is nice too but I do agree, it's easier to try to match the result when you have one reference.
All your comments make sense.
When do we get a new Fieldsmoothdenoisekit version? :)
I'll try to play with SmoothKit and DE:Noise

Thanx again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]