FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a cure for Intraframe motion blur?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benny Christensen
Is there a cure for Intraframe motion blur?
on Feb 13, 2008 at 11:19:41 pm

I have some helicopter footage with vibration motion blur throughout the footage and I have almost the complete set of Re:Vision FX and I'm hoping that there is a cure in there somewhere.

It's sort of random and there are good images every so often, although I think they occur at random.

I saw a patent app on the web for a fix, but I was hoping that I could use something I have.

Can someone point me towards a fix, if there is one?

Thanks.

Benny Christensen
Producers Playhouse
Oklahoma City, OK

G5 Dual 2 Gig - 10.4.2 - 4 Gb RAM - FCP 5.02 - KONA2 - ATTO UL4D - HUGE 320RX - Convergent Designs SD-Connect

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Is there a cure for Intraframe motion blur?
on Feb 14, 2008 at 6:41:39 am

Hard to say without looking at something

If it's shooting the ground viewed from an helicopter and the action is basically just camera in motion as per helicopter motion, one idea, (not sure if it will help you), sometimes you can do something with a few trackers that you feed into RSMB PRO and then you turn the Main Image Track checkbox to OFF, Sensitivity to 1 and Blur Amount to like minus 1. If the camera pretty much look always to the same place, maybe you can instead stabilize the shot, apply the RSMB with -1 and then reapply the stabilize motion. Of course if it's totally blurred it might not be recoverable like that.

Another possibility, is if it's very short (a few frames), sometimes you can remove these frames and use RE:Flex Morph to create some inbetween frames there.

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]