FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a Morph Chain in AE

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Z.
Creating a Morph Chain in AE
on Jan 29, 2008 at 9:04:21 pm

I have 2 faces that I am morphing, but rather than all happening at once, I'd like the morphs to happen one right after the other. For example, I have 7 masks shapes that define, the ears, eyes, nose, chin, etc and I'd like them to be able to be offset in time from each other. I've tried simply offsetting the keyframes of each mask to happen one right after the other, but this doesn't work since I only have 2 picutre keyframes set. Any way to accomplish this in ReFlex?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Creating a Morph Chain in AE
on Jan 29, 2008 at 9:09:45 pm

Yes look for "Per-Mask" blending
It would help if I knew which app you run RE:Flex in
For example in RE:Flex doc for AE there is something that says the following:

"
Use Auto Blend %: When checked, the whole image will linearly blend between the "from" image and the "to" image as the morph progresses. When not-checked, the amount of the "to" image is retrieved either from the "Mask Opacity" or "Mask Expansion" setting, as determined by the next setting:
Per-Mask Blend Comes From: Choose whether the amount of blending for each shape is retrieved from the "Mask Opacity" or the "Mask Expansion" of each mask. Of course, the per-mask values are only used if Use Auto Blend % is NOT checked. A value of 0 means "all of the 'from' image" and a value of 100 means "all of the 'to' image. Values inbetween will blend the amount of the "from" and "to" image for each mask appropriately.

For example in the morph above, let's say we'd like the hair to come in from the "to" image fully at frame 14, instead of at the end at frame 30. First we uncheck Use Auto Blend %. Then we need to set a key of 0 for the mask opacity of each mask at time 0, and a key of 100 for the mask opacity at time 30. This, initially sets up the morph so we get the same result as if Use Auto Blend % was checked.. However, we then add a key of value 100 for the mask opacity of the 4 hairline masks at time 14. In this way the hair transforms from the "from" image to the "to" image in 14 frames instead of 30 frames. The setup for this scenario is shown below:
"

Return to posts index

Michael Z.
Re: Creating a Morph Chain in AE
on Jan 30, 2008 at 3:33:34 am

Thanks very much Pierre! Very helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]