FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Paint

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Pallagio
Motion Paint
on Nov 30, 2007 at 1:08:30 am

Does Re:Vision still offer the program Motion Paint. Attempting to accomplish something similar to the paint effects from What Dreams May Come or Dreamkeeper. Not exactly those, but I am looking for a way to apply strokes or emit particles using oflow data. Reading up on how WDMC was done and talking to old bosses who worked on the project. I would need this Motion Paint to utilize the oflow data in such a way. Basically I am trying to come up with a way to more or less be able to generate my own custom particles from a live scene using similar methods from WDMC. I know they were probably on SGI boxes back then using proprietary things, but many of the tools seem to be recreated through re:vision. The idea would be to use After Effects, Fusion, or Nuke to do this in conjunction with the plugins. Video Gogh is cool, but is quite limiting on its own for the 'painterly' effect. Driving custom particle systems seems to be at the heart of the technique when used with mattes for certain effects on certain areas. In any case sorry for the long jumbled post, but I am free associating here. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Joe

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Motion Paint
on Nov 30, 2007 at 2:50:32 am

The old standalone is dead.
If you have a specific project you can always talk to us offline :)

Pierre

Return to posts index

Joe Pallagio
on Nov 30, 2007 at 6:27:38 pm

Pierre,

Alright understood. Should I just send you my email address or how can I contact you?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Nov 30, 2007 at 8:05:20 pm

pierre@revisionfx.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]