FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple Twixtor for FCP walkthrough for simpleton

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dougorama
Simple Twixtor for FCP walkthrough for simpleton
on Oct 22, 2007 at 5:18:24 am

Yes I've read the Mega Tutorial on Twixter but there are no simple step by step instructions. I want to slow a clip to 50% speed 2 secs to 4 secs. According to the Tut. I'm NOT supposed to create a slug, just use the clip I'm already using to "pad" the clip. So now I have two clips in succession, now what? Do I select the first, and drag it into the "well" of the AltMotion Source seen in the viewer contols of Twixtor/FCP? Do I render it now OR do I leave it with a red line ontop, drop it as a sequence into a new blank project/sequence, then render? I've set everything acc'd to the tutorial (which wastes time explaining the theory of how great Twixtor is, but not actually how to use it). I have tried it all different ways. Twixtor 4.5 Demo on OS X
10.4.1 Dual 2.33 Intel. Any help would be great, perhaps a simpler tutorial exists.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: Simple Twixtor for FCP walkthrough for simpleton
on Oct 22, 2007 at 5:12:26 pm

Sorry our tutorials aren't working well for you.

Here is the easiest description for creating a slow-mo from 2 seconds to 4 seconds, as you say you want to do in our online forum:

1) drop your clip into a sequence. Let's call this sequence1.
2) because our plugin cannot extend the clip, you need to make the clip the final duration that you want by adding the clip as many times as you want to extend the duration. Since you want to make your 2 second clip into 4 seconds, add the clip one more time.
3) then create another sequence (let's call this sequence2). Drop sequence1 into sequence2
4) apply Twixtor to sequence1 within sequence2. Set the speed of twixtor to 50%.

Hopefully this helps.

Also, did you find the short manual that is installed with the Twixtor plugins? That might help some. In particular the manul points you to a FAQ that details how to set up our Twixtor and FieldsKit plugins when you want to make the original clip longer. I just updated it today, in case you

Return to posts index

dougorama
Re: Simple Twixtor for FCP walkthrough for simpleton
on Oct 23, 2007 at 2:01:59 am

I appreciate replies. I had settings as per tutorial, and either there was no render or it played "black." I had already set RT as safe, put one clip after the other to double the time (halve the speed). So, don't select this sequence or try to drop it into another as selected or apply the filter yet. Create a new blank sequence, drop the 1st doubled sequence into it, select the timeline, apply Twixtor to it, redline appears over entire clip, render it, it works. No dropping anything into a well needed. Perhaps it works now because I used Software Update to download updates to "professional software" in my Mac (though FCP still says 6.0 not 6.1)
Now I can concentrate on "nearest" vs "blend" (my jumping skateboarder looks pretty good until he crosses over a fence in the background, which wiggles and melts between his legs)
Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]