<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
shinji3c
Track Point
on Sep 3, 2007 at 7:27:47 pm

Hi
Thanks for great great products.
I am studying Twixtor and found these settings in Pro version. "Track point"
What are we exactly to track? I saw some examples from your tutorials and sample files but I'm still kinda lost and confused.
Thank you!

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Track Point
on Sep 4, 2007 at 5:48:35 am

In what application are you running
See the sample projects on Twixtor Support Page on the website

The tracking points serve the same purpose as the Splines, basically help Twixtor in certain circumstances (when it does not work well). Imagine something crosses the screen in 5 frames, it's way out of reach of the internal tracking, so if you animate points that follow the image content for these 5 frames, then Twixtor should work much better...

In AE for example you can't attach a tracker to a roto mask control point, so if you track some points, it will guide Twixtor to start somewhere internally. In Combustion since you can attach a tracker to a roto mask shape then the points are not necessarily useful. In other applications, there is no way for us to support roto masks (like there is no such things in FCP), so you can always use individual points.

Pierre

Return to posts index

shinji3c
on Sep 4, 2007 at 7:48:38 am

THanks for the reply
I'm using it on AE
So, you would have to draw splines or provide track point to the twixtor but how do I figure what to give it?
Do I simply draw splines or track point at the following motion and it tells twixtor that that is the following motion after this one so dont go any farther?
If that's the concept and If I'm right, I can breathe easy for now.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Sep 5, 2007 at 3:15:41 pm

Do I simply draw splines or track point at the following motion and it tells twixtor that that is the following motion after this one so dont go any farther?

Yes, that's the idea. Besides our sample projects, did you see the manual that was installed with Twixtor upon installation. THere is a whole section on points and splines that describe how to use them to guide the tracking when it "goes bad".

Pete

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]