FORUMS: list search recent posts

When to use Twixtor?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ysbelman
When to use Twixtor?
on May 2, 2007 at 3:49:44 am

Hi,
If i wanted to have my final product to look as if it was shot in 24p (and my camera doesn't do this natively), can someone suggest where in the workflow it makes more sense to run the video product though Twixtor. Do I run everything through it once i capture, then render it out? To what format? I wouldn't have enough space for uncompressed video. Do i keep my video unconverted until after i cut, color correct, transitions, and effects are added? But i then have a gazillion cut marks and it takes forever to make those A-B-C segment marking. I did that once for a 5 minute clip and my fingers hurt.

Is Twixtor not the right product for what i want to do?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: When to use Twixtor?
on May 3, 2007 at 10:56:48 pm

Not sure which app you use:

If you are in AE another option is to simply use the split layer in AE, (CTRL-SHFT-D). Reduces in half the labor.

So you split all your layers at cut point, set AE comp settings to 24 FPS and then on the first layer you apply twixtor and you set Twixtor to 29.97 for input FPS. You copy Twixtor (select CTRL-C)

You select a layer and select all layers (CTRL-A), deselect the first one and do paste (CTRL-V). You now have a twixtor in every layer.

You then render that with 3:2 pulldown option in Render Settings (you need to set Lower or Upper Fields first otherwise 3:2 pulldown remains grey out)

Pierre
http://www.revisionfx.com

Return to posts index

ysbelman
on May 4, 2007 at 2:00:08 am

Thank you Pierre. I do use AE, so your answer was spot on.

The labor would be considerably reduced with your method, it is true. For the transitions, do I still use segment marking?

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on May 4, 2007 at 4:28:43 am

I guess so, transition is complicated as sometimes it works fine with twixtor. If everything is sliced you might as well switch to Mode No MV for these.

If you can find a way to visually mark the layers easily then you have a way to split in two big paste. For example just twirl open the ones with transition to remember then I think if you make in one copy of twixtor the menu Quality animatable, you can cut the value "no MV", reset it to Best, then you can I think select all the layers you want to set to that and just paste (provided Twixtor is already in layer). I just tested this with the public beta, seems to work.

Also if you start with a layer and you put Twixtor setup correctly in it, each time you split the layer it copies Twixtor,
Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]