which is better twixter or retimer pro?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
omid
which is better twixter or retimer pro?
by
on Apr 16, 2007 at 9:07:44 pm

Hey anyone??

i feel so confused which one is so easiler and faster use it... like twixter or realviz retimer pro? which one is better?
can you explain to what is compare of this?

pls email me
thank
airloo

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: which is better twixter or retimer pro?
on Apr 21, 2007 at 8:40:02 pm

Hi Airloo,

You can try our demo by downloading from website and compare. I don't really like product comparisons, but Realviz has not updated their retiming technology for a while now and they are probably not as complete, fast and precise as ours. You be the judge though.

Pierre
RE:Vision Effects

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: which is better twixter or retimer pro?
on May 18, 2007 at 6:27:34 am

I tested both (plus a few others) and we settled for Twixtor. IMHO, it's the best.

Realviz comes second, just forget the rest. If you are considering HD, Twixtor is cheaper though, Realviz is charging you premium for anything larger than SD.

Plus, you get excellent response straight from the developers here in this forum, try to get that from Realviz (we own and use other programs of theirs).

That said, no motion vector approach at this time is as good as a true slo-mo shot. To get it as good as possible, you'll need to dig into the set of tricks explained here in other recent threads, masking in particular. To own FieldsKit as well can be helpful if you are shooting interlaced. Try and generate a higher number of progressive images first, Twixtor llikes to get as much food as possible.

Hope this helps,

Uli

P.S. I'm not affiliated to RE:VisionFX, I'm just writing about the stuff and like their produtcs.

Author of "DVDs gestalten und produzieren", a book on professional DVD-authoring in German.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]