FORUMS: list search recent posts

Twixtor ability question

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
buijon
Twixtor ability question
on Mar 28, 2007 at 3:55:20 pm

i`ve heard that twixtor doesn`t do well with fast motion stuff. I`m looking to slow down martial arts, but they move pretty quick. Would twixtor be able to handle it? What kind of camera settings (shutter etc) would help to make it smoother and work? I`d be using a digital camera just for reference.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Twixtor ability question
on Mar 28, 2007 at 6:45:59 pm

For extreme action/sports with any motion estimation based tool your best bet if it's an option is I would say is to shoot at 60P (or maybe 59.94i is better then 30P as a rule of thumb in that case) - the more time samples = the better, over a green screen if it's an option will also help (the more the FG and front action are separated the further the tracker can go by it's own automatic means). It particularly gets nasty when you combine this with an "active" hand held camera (which might not be the case as much for martial arts as it is for "camera guy on skateboard tracking a guy doing bicycle flips on a ramp" and what not I see sometimes here). It is so because from a frame to the other the regions of the picture not visible in the other one can grow to be pretty large, this is what cause problems and typically why more samples per second helps (reduces the area of these "occlusions").

Pierre

Return to posts index

buijon
on Mar 28, 2007 at 7:03:05 pm

The camera I`m using right now has 60i...thats what you mean right? Does the tutorial walk through the ways of capturing, deinterlacing, and such to get good results? I read an article here saying to go through the tutorials and manual but i haven`t had the chance yet.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Mar 28, 2007 at 10:31:13 pm

I mean 60P is better then 60i but if your camera does 60i and 30P, in this case for fast action you might have more luck with 60I with Twixtor, if your camera is locked-off you might want to preprocess the clip first with FieldsKit (in double duration/double FPS mode).

I think what you want to do to start is download and read the TwixtorBasics tutorials in the AE,FCP,etc blue tab at http://revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/support/
The other tutorials might make less sense without reading the doc and playing with Twixtor.

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]