FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using FieldsKit with 59.94i HD footage

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Jones
Using FieldsKit with 59.94i HD footage
on Feb 4, 2007 at 10:29:46 pm

I'm trying to de-interlace some 1080i footage shot at 59.94 with FieldsKit prior to slowing it down in Twixtor. I set up my precomp at 59.94, applied FieldsKit and selected the 2X FPS, 1 Frame Per Field option, as seems to be the conventional wisdom. The result is I only get a new frame every other frame and when I slow down the deinterlaced comp with Twixtor I get stuttery motion. I've found I get much better results by keeping my precomp frame rate at 29.97 and using the 1 Frame Per Frame option. Why is this?

Thanks,

Scott

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
Re: Using FieldsKit with 59.94i HD footage
on Feb 5, 2007 at 4:36:15 pm

What application are you running in?
I suspect you are dropping a 59.94 FPS comp into a 29.97 comp and are not setting Input Frame Rate to 59.94 in Twixtor.

Could be something else, maybe the easiest for you is to send a project to techsupport@revisionfx.com (3 frames of source media should be enough here for that)

Pierre

Return to posts index

Scott Jones
on Feb 5, 2007 at 5:16:43 pm

I'm working in AE7. Yes, I'm dropping a 59.94 into a 29.97 comp and setting the input frame rate in Twixtor to 59.94. I'll send a project as soon I get a chance.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Feb 6, 2007 at 8:07:22 pm

In case, another thing that can happen, if in the precomp you did FieldsKit then in Twixtor you set Input as No Fields

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]