FORUMS: list search recent posts

one scanline crop before Twixtoring...

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matti Kautiainen
one scanline crop before Twixtoring...
on Jan 31, 2007 at 8:46:12 am

How can I easily crop source clip by one (or possibly two) scaline from top and bottom before it gets Twixtorized ? There might be really easy thing for this but I feel bit dump with TwixtorPro's manual and some controls. Problem is that our DigiBeta Cam leaves the first half of topmost scanline and last half of the last scanline black. If there's a vertical movemement in the shot, Twixtor tries to include that balck line with shots movement and result is wobbling black distortion in upper left and lower right corner of clip.
So 'd like Twixtor to ignore the first and last line or two of the picture. Can this be done without precomping or something.
Sorry that this got this complicated.

Maza
AE 7 Pro and TwixtorPro 4.5

Maza

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Pierre Jasmin
Re: one scanline crop before Twixtoring...
on Jan 31, 2007 at 6:42:12 pm

Unfortunately in AE, putting a mask in the layer and retrieving it at different times does not work.

So, Either drop your footage into a smaller comp and then put that smaller comp into your current comp (so that layer will be smaller) or in that subcomp if the source has a full on alpha to start, add a rectangular rotomask to cover with zero alpha the bad pixels and If you have the PRO version, you can instead in a subcomp use that for FG1 (Matte chan Alpha, and set Display to render "FG1 Twixtored" only). If you have PRO and it's always the same, you can make an RGBA still that shapes the valid pixels area and reference that as FG1 matte.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Matti Kautiainen
Re: one scanline crop before Twixtoring...
on Feb 1, 2007 at 7:50:32 am

Thanks, I do have a Pro version so I try your solution. At the moment I precomped every clip and cpropped/tiled upper and lower edge of the clip. I tried to make a matte for FG1 but I didn't precomped it, that's why it didn't work as I thought.

Maza

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]