FORUMS: list search recent posts

Progressive Slo-Mo

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Clark
Progressive Slo-Mo
on Dec 15, 2006 at 5:32:45 am

Can Twixtor slo-mo progressive footage from the Canon XL2 or Sony V1U in AE? Also, does it matter if the footage is acquired in 24p, 30p or 60p? (60p from the JVC HD200)

I've been reading various posts and even the ReVision website and it's kind of confusing to me as whether or not this is doable.

Thanks for any help as I'm new to this stuff.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: Progressive Slo-Mo
on Dec 15, 2006 at 6:05:06 pm

Twixtor can deal with any frame rate or resolution. So the answer is that it can handle the progressive footage from the three cameras you mentioned (really any camera will do!). Also the frame can be any frame rate.

Before you buy, why don't you try the demo, it's located in the "Downloads" subsection for Twixtor on our website. Please make sure to read the short manual that is put on your disk with the plugins upon installation (it's in HTML format). Then when you are done reading the short manual, you will probably want to check out the tutorials in our Tutorials subsection for Twixtor on our website.

Let us know if you have any other questions,
Pete Litwinowicz
http://www.revisionfx.com

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Dec 15, 2006 at 9:31:22 pm

Please send us a project and source footage that demonstrates the problem. It would be helpful if you can simply send us a short segment of 10Mb or less, plus AE project, to techsupport@revisionfx.com. If you can't shorten the clip segment to 10MB or less, send us email and we'll give you information for how to get us material.

Also, are you using a demo version of FieldsKit or a registered version? The demo version of FieldsKit will put an "X" on the image which Twixtor will then track (which can cause problems when changing frame rates becuase the tracking will cause the "X" to stay in place and will influence the surrounding area underneath the "X").

Pete
http://www.revisionfx.com

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Dec 16, 2006 at 2:57:30 am

The more frames per second to start, the easier it is for Twixtor.
It probably makes a difference for sports type action

Pierre

Return to posts index

Andrew Clark
on Dec 19, 2006 at 9:03:09 am

Thanks all!! It's nice to see the vendors replies as well. True customer service!!

I've been reading that it's easier to do speed changes (slow and fast) when the footage is Interlaced. But it's nice to know that Twixtor can handle Progressive footage as well. I'll give the demo a try.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 27, 2006 at 9:18:47 pm

If you're going to using Sony HDV a lot, watch out for 24p!

Sony uses a scheme to get film motion onto HDV videotape that is so stinkin' bizarre as to defy description. You can't remove the 3:2 pulldown, because it's not really there. You can't just turn it into 24 frames a second, because that won't work, either.

Sony's film motion for HDV adheres to NO standard recognized by anyone else on the planet. I guess it's good to be the 800-pound gorilla, y'know?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Dec 28, 2006 at 3:23:43 am

Sony HDV?: I thought it was just 24P saved in 60i with either a 3:2 pulldown or PA (a repeat frame every 5)

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]