FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion morph in Combustion4

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pena
motion morph in Combustion4
by
on Dec 10, 2005 at 5:45:30 pm

I tried to make morph between two faces 1920x1080 in 25p comp. End result was little "jumpy". Did I miss some settings to get my morph smooth?
I had Quality>Ultra, antialiasing>4x4, Mipmap>smoothest, Auto Align and Smart Blend checked. Accumulate folds was not checked because it made my render crash.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
Re: motion morph in Combustion4
on Dec 10, 2005 at 11:15:36 pm

It could be that your alignment with the splines is not as good as it needs to be. The results can be a little "jumpy" if the feature registration gets a bit off course.

That said, it might also be RE:Flex. Can you send us the example project and lower res footage (like video resolution). You can send us the footage at techsupport@revisionfx.com

Pete

Return to posts index

pena
by
on Dec 13, 2005 at 6:32:11 am

I made one more render without Auto Align and Smart Blend and now all annoying jumps went away. So it is as good as it needs to be. Thank you anyhow.

Return to posts index

Pierre Jasmin
on Dec 13, 2005 at 6:28:28 pm

Good to hear. Although not necessarily your problem, note that to have Hold Edges checked and Auto Align as well can cause some swimming as one setup tells RE:Flex to "go there" and the other to "come back"... the new update has a different behavior for Smart Blend (maintains a full alpha at the frame edges through the mix -- blend 0 to 100% -- if the two sources have full on alpha to start) and so is preferable probably then Hold Edges when doing Motion Morph.

Also to do both 4x4 and Smoothest Mip Map might be overdone and in the end uses incredible amounts of memory if you are not at least in Less Memory mode (vs Faster AA Method). 4x4 Anti-Aliasing + AA Method to Faster is probably a good way to kill your favorite app memory management (as it will then require 16X more memory about).

Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]