FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Installation

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Squadrazzino
Trapcode Installation
on Jan 4, 2018 at 2:39:26 pm

Hi!

Hope you are all having a good new year and this question is in the right category:

I need no work on a Laptop with After Effects CS6 in the next months and can not work with Adobe After Effects CS6.
Installation of Trapcode Suite 14 is not working, I get the error message:

No host applications detected

Is there maybe a workaround to get Trapcode Suite 14 working with After Effects CS6?
It's not officially supported, but maybe there's some clever guy who found a solution here.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Trapcode Installation
on Jan 4, 2018 at 9:12:15 pm

I can't guarantee that all of Suite 14 will work perfectly in CS6, but after a few very brief tests I haven't found any issues yet. The problem, as I understand it, is that the installer is looking for AE CC 2014 or later. In order to get around this you would need to install it first into a CC version, and then copy the Trapcode folder from the MediaCore folder in CC and paste it into the MediaCore folder in CS6. (I'm on a Mac, but I think the same would work on Windows.)

I have both CS6 and CC 2017, and had thought that Suite 14 (especially Particular 3 and Form 3) had some changes that wouldn't allow it to work in CS6, but after trying the above process myself it does seem to work in CS6. If you don't have a CC version to install it into first I don't know how you can get around the installer issue. Perhaps if you have CC on another computer you could install it there and then copy and move it via a USB stick, or Dropbox, or the like.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Dennis Squadrazzino
Re: Trapcode Installation
on Jan 5, 2018 at 12:03:22 pm

Hello Jim,

thanks for your answer!

You are right, the Trapcode installer is looking for AE CC, which i don't have access to.
Thanks for your tip with the installation (I'm also on a Mac). Unfortunetaly, i don't know anyone personally who could help me out with the installation folder of a CC Version and i don't think , Adobe will be so kind and help me with that.

But thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]