FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where is the world transform pivot point?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Oscar Gomez
Where is the world transform pivot point?
on Sep 11, 2017 at 6:15:12 am

So I've got this particles which are exploding from a point emitter, using Disc as direction and a heavy air resistance to stop them after a second or 2. They look great and are stoping just as I want them (imagine a particles donut).

I want to make them look like they are rotating along the Y axis once they stop due to the air resistance. My question is, how do I get the location of the pivot point of the World Transform to be the same as my emitter?

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Where is the world transform pivot point?
on Sep 11, 2017 at 3:15:55 pm
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Sep 11, 2017 at 10:03:47 pm

As I understand it, if your emitter is at its default center position in the layer then the World Transform pivot point will be the same as that of the emitter. If you need the emitter to be at a different position in the composition, then simply move the particular layer (rather than the emitter) and its World Transform will move with it, keeping the emitter's pivot point and the World Transform's pivot point, the same.

Or perhaps I have completely misunderstood the problem and your question.

(In periodically visiting the Trapcode forum I have noticed that there is very little activity here -- and by that I mean that there have been very few responses in the last year. Since anyone who uses Trapcode products will always be using them in After Effects I would suggest posting your Trapcode questions on the AE forum rather than here. I think that you will be much more likely to get an answer there.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]