FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Planet Atmosphere

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rod Schmidt
Trapcode Planet Atmosphere
on May 30, 2017 at 12:54:59 pm

Hello everyone... long time lurker and searcher, first time poster.

So I used Element 3d and a digital elevation map deformed OBJ to build a high-definition earth with a light and dark side and I am very satisfied with the results.

Now I am trying to create a volumetric cloud layer for my model.

I used Trapcode Particular and Trapcode Form alternately to create my cloud layer, but the effect isn't working out as I would like.

The main issue I have is that I can't seem to flatten the clouds in any way.

Using Particular, I had hoped that the Spherical Field would actually keep the particles pushed out in the radius setting I chose and that I would be able to use a negative value to attract the particles to the field and "crush" them slightly, getting more of an atmospheric spread. Unfortunately, I didn't know that the field radius doesn't actually represent a wall of force... only the field strength has that effect. I'm honestly not sure why the Visualize Fields isn't just based on the field strength, instead of the field radius... the radius itself doesn't appear to have any real effect, i.e., if you turn the Strength up and down, it completely ignores the field radius.

Using Form, I had hoped that I could use Field 1 to push and Field 2 to attract, trapping and partially crushing the particles between the two fields. That also did not work as expected.

I really just want to flatten the tops of these clouds against the earth so that they form a more realistic rotating cloud layer. Is this possible using Trapcode?

Thank you in advance for suggestions!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]