FORUMS: list search recent posts

DoF problem with Particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scottie Haines
DoF problem with Particular
on Aug 23, 2016 at 4:47:52 am

I'm having a problem with Particular that seems to be plug-in related. (I also tested element 3D without problems.)

I can't seem to focus on particles that are within 100 pixels or so of the camera. The particles will become more focused as I decrease the focus distance, but eventually they become completely unfocused again, never achieving a focused distance in between. I know the particles are capable of becoming more clear because I have achieved this with particles a little farther away. I have tried all sorts of different camera properties without any success. I have attached a 10 second video that kind of shows the best focus I could get on close-up particles... I thought maybe this was a world transform problem, but I checked my settings and they are all set at 0. Any suggestions from your experience?

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: DoF problem with Particular
on Aug 24, 2016 at 8:42:15 am

Particular seems to have its own method of generating depth of field. Weirdly enough, near particles are more in focus when the focal depth is in the distance! I don't see any way of getting particles closer than 55 pixels to stay in focus. The effect is also somehow linked to the camera field of view: the larger the field of view, the closer you can get. With a tricky combination of DOF, FOV and particle visibility settings, I managed to get this close with in-focus particles. They go out of focus fast, so I fade them out fast near the camera with visibility settings.

10471_particulardepth.aep.zip

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]