FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular z depth Particles

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Mills
Particular z depth Particles
on May 26, 2016 at 3:30:14 pm

I have a comp with multiple 2.5d images that the camera dollys back through on z axis.
I want to add particles kinda like dust. But i am having a hard time figuring out how to have the particles distributed between the images through the z axis. They are always on top or behind

Do I have to make multiple layers of particular and distribute between the images in z axis?
Any help would be great Thanks

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Particular z depth Particles
on May 28, 2016 at 1:21:30 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on May 28, 2016 at 1:30:26 pm

You can hide particles with a Z-buffer:

Make a copy of all your 2.5D layers and precomp them. Inside this precomp, add the Fill effect on each of the layers and color them in shades of gray, white near the camera, black far from camera, other layers in progressive shades of grey between these extremes.

Turn on the collapse transformations button for the precomp and set the precomp as the Z Buffer under the visibility options in Particular. Adjust the "Z at Black" and "Z at White" settings (or the gray shades in the precomp) until it looks the way you want.

Since you are dollying in Z, you may need to animate the Z-buffer shading values in some way. A Levels adjustment layer could work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]