FORUMS: list search recent posts

[Ae Cs6] Plung In "Sound Keys"

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Augusto Ambra
[Ae Cs6] Plung In "Sound Keys"
on Dec 28, 2015 at 3:04:27 am

Hi guys,
festive greetings both past and future .... they are struggling with the plugin "sound keys" and I can NOT understand a few things!
I state that my project, quite simple, I want to provide a sequence of photos, the intervention of a music track that at the same pace, can make viewing enjoyable and original ....!
I created predialling photos (called "photo slide" that has the same length of the music track), an adjustment layer and added just the music.
Now I loaded into the level control plug in (sound keys) and I more or less established range 1 the first level wave!
It lacks something in the project as layers?
Because initially it is my wish that the plugin intervene on opacity of the photo and then maybe go to the stairs, location and so on.
I hope I was clear in explaining appearance and gentle suggestions from those who perhaps is much better when using this plugin.
Many thanks
AMBRA Augusto

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: [Ae Cs6] Plung In "Sound Keys"
on Dec 28, 2015 at 7:22:35 am

Soundkeys creates an output of a sequence of keyframes based on an audio range. You have to yourself link the keyframe output to a layer property, such as opacity. Can you provide a screenshot of what your project looks like currently?

Return to posts index

Augusto Ambra
on Dec 29, 2015 at 5:07:42 pm

Dear Kalle Kannisto
here is the screenshot that you asked I hope it can make the idea of my project .... If you need more information or details please ask ... In precomposing there are photos (so central) on first instead following a tutorial I added an adjustment layer meter on the third level there is the trace of music ...!
Expect your kind news
Many thanks

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Dec 30, 2015 at 9:53:57 am

There are (at least) two important steps that are required for Soundkeys to do something:

1) Apply command creates the keyframe output

2) Linking something to this output

I made a similar project where layer 1 is the control with Soundkeys, layer 2 is the image (slideshow) and layer 3 is the audio. See below image for how I linked it up to work. The transparency of the image follows the audio volume (of the selected range) in Soundkeys.

Return to posts index

Augusto Ambra
on Dec 30, 2015 at 11:13:57 am

Dear Kalle Kannisto,
the explanation is all too clear and I thank you for this, but I remain dubious about dell'impostazioni ....
You make reference to the creation of a frame output but in fact what it means that I have to create such a frame at the beginning with the opacity at 100 and one at the end of all pictures with the value of opacity to 0?
Or give a different value? What do you recommend?
Then I rightly tell you that the level slide photo counts the presence of about 200 photos and of course I would not put the condition opacity would otherwise boring!
I know that I have the opportunity to work on three conditions ..it's true?
Indeed sound key ring that includes three levels of high, medium and low
then it would already be nicer if the number of photos to be divided by the three conditions ..... or you can place multiple conditions?
So sorry if you get bored but they are just starting out with sound key NOT then I understand how this plugin
With six more friendly for the time you spend for me to understand how I can use this effect
Augusto ;-)

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Dec 31, 2015 at 10:02:10 am

Yes, there are three ranges that you can select and create keyframe output for and connect them to different properties or effects.

There are Range 1, Range 2 and Range 3, and then the numbers 1, 2 and 3 next to the "Apply" button determines which output is generated (or regenerated if you have changed settings).

You link up the other values in the same fashion, position, scale, rotation.

However, there is one important thing to know: You can set the output to be in a certain range depending on what you will use it for. For opacity 0-100 makes sense, but for rotation 0-360 makes sense. For other effects 0-1 may be a better choice. So you may want to determine what the range that you want to use is.

Return to posts index

Augusto Ambra
on Jan 5, 2016 at 2:51:37 pm

Dear Kalle Kannisto,
slowly begins to understand key sound although now I need your help ....
As you can see from the screenshot music is particularly (if you want to hear it well well is precisely Ornette - Crazy Remix Nôze) in fact for the first 40 ''seconds perhaps not expected waves such as to affect the plugin, for example by combining the opacity, tant 'it is that the value remaining below do not allow me to give an effect to photos that are placed just so at the beginning of the first 40' '... it is clear the concept?
How can I do?
Thank you very much for your kind response
dodago ;-)

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jan 6, 2016 at 10:17:15 am
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Jan 6, 2016 at 10:19:27 am

One option is the change the range, but it will affect the results for the entire length of the composition.

A more flexible option is to add a slider control and use it to amplify the effect. To do this, create a new null or solid layer called "controls" and add a Slider Control to it.

Pick whip the the slider control to the beginning of the expression that connects a property to Sound Keys and add a "*" (multiply sign).

The expression will now look something like:

thisComp.layer("controls").effect("Slider Control")("Slider") * thisComp.layer("My Layer").effect("Sound Keys")("Output 1")

Now you can keyframe the slider value to control the level of the effect: Slider value 0 turns the effect off, value 1 is your original value and any value above it amplifies the effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]