Trapcode Shine and shape layers?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lou Ruiz
Trapcode Shine and shape layers?
on Dec 26, 2015 at 12:36:57 am
Last Edited By Lou Ruiz on Dec 26, 2015 at 12:38:29 am

Hello,

I recently purchased trapcode suite 13 and have been having a blast playing around with it. Now that I want to apply it to something I am working on, it won't work. I guess what I should be asking is, will Trapcode work with shape layers?

I redrew a shape in illustrator and have imported it into after effects, I applied Trapcode Shine but nothing happens. Not sure why when it easily applies to text layers. I have also tried converting the AI file to a shape layer in after effects with no success.

I am however able to apply the effect if I make the shape white and and add a black background in illustrator, and import as footage, but then I have to deal with the opaque background.

Is there a way to add Shine to the shape layer, in the same way it works with the text?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Lou Ruiz
Re: Trapcode Shine and shape layers?
on Dec 26, 2015 at 1:15:41 am
Last Edited By Lou Ruiz on Dec 26, 2015 at 1:16:17 am

Grrr, just figured it out. Black shapes/text don't work, seems to work with anything other than black. But I can work around that.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Scott Benson
Re: Trapcode Shine and shape layers?
on Feb 22, 2017 at 10:00:08 pm

It does work with black, you just have to go into the Colorize option in Shine and instead of basing it on Lightness (default), you base it on Alpha.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]