FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Form - Unique Custom Particle Problem

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Frohnhofer
Trapcode Form - Unique Custom Particle Problem
on Dec 16, 2015 at 3:16:05 pm

Hey,

I have a question concerning the custom particle option in Form. I'm trying to build a multipicture style animation, where ~150 different faces form a grid.

I had the ~150 pictures set up in a precomp (each picture 1 frame long) and tried the "textured polygon" option with time sampling set to "split clip - loop". But since number of clips only seems to go up to 100 I settled for 100 pictures in the end.

The main problem though is that I want to use each picture exactly once and the "split clip - loop" feature also seems to randomly choose one of my frames which leaves me with duplicates (or sometimes even three versions) of the same picture...

Is there any way to have form use each custom particle only once? Or at least make it use the particles in order and not choose them randomly?

Thankful for any tips!! :)

Return to posts index

Frank Frohnhofer
Re: Trapcode Form - Unique Custom Particle Problem
on Dec 16, 2015 at 4:57:47 pm

Sorry, just realized there is a dedicated "Trapcode" Forum... maybe one of the mods could move this over there.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Dec 16, 2015 at 10:10:17 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Dec 16, 2015 at 10:11:47 pm

I don't think that is possible with Form. Personally, I'd do this with Element.

If you have Particular, here's a similar situation with Particular with a rather intricate workaround:

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/63/858473

Not sure how well that fits into your plan of how you will be animating the grid, pretty much just leaves the fractal field and physics to animate with.

Do the texture pieces make up one complete picture or are they each different pictures that you just want to use once in this specific sequence?

Return to posts index

Frank Frohnhofer
on Dec 17, 2015 at 8:51:39 am

Hey Kalle, thanks for the quick reply! It's just different pictures (portraits of people) that need to be randomly positioned around the grid.

I have actually started to fiddle around with Particular to solve the problem, so I will give this a shot! :)

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Dec 17, 2015 at 8:57:13 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Dec 17, 2015 at 8:58:37 pm

I guess you will be animating them in some fashion? Otherwise you could do it with 150 3D layers and a relatively simple expression to align the layers to a grid based on layer index and a couple of sliders for rows and columns.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]