FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making Trapcode MIR react to audio file

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mason MacDonald
Making Trapcode MIR react to audio file
on Aug 23, 2015 at 8:32:29 pm

Hi there. Nice to meet you all. This is my first post. =)

I have been trying to get MIR to react to an audio file but getting nowhere. I have seen that Form can do it....but can MIR also? I can not find any good tutorials anywhere on how to do this.....if anyone know of any can you post it here??

Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Making Trapcode MIR react to audio file
on Aug 24, 2015 at 9:18:13 am

It should work just fine. Any keyframeable properties can be linked to audio amplitude output. Are you using audio-to-keyframes or Soundkeys?

Return to posts index

Mason MacDonald
on Aug 24, 2015 at 1:52:12 pm

I was going to try Soundkeys.....I don't even know how to use audio-to-keyframes yet hehe. I am a beginner.

Thanks Kalle.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Aug 24, 2015 at 3:15:04 pm

Soundkeys tutorials show how it is done with Particular and Form if I recall correctly. The same applies to Mir. It is a matter of using Soundkeys to generate output and then connecting those keyframeable properties with the pick whip. Soundkeys has some nice preset output ranges depending on what property you are animating. Red Giant's Soundkeys tutorials are the best way to get the basics. Once you succeed in connecting Soundkeys with one plug-in, it will work the same for any other.

Return to posts index

Mason MacDonald
on Aug 28, 2015 at 12:20:04 am
Last Edited By Mason MacDonald on Aug 28, 2015 at 12:38:03 am

I have watched these and from what I can tell Soundlkeys only reacts to frequency ranges? I'd like MIR to react to dynamic range or amplitude of the audio file. There is some plugin thing (but not detailed enough) that works with Ableton Live that does such a thing.......Something like when there song is louder something in MIR can get brighter/bigger/more intense or vise versa. Am I missing something or can I make Soundkeys react to amplitude (not a frequency) of the music??

Thanks again.

EDIT ----- Never mind.....Figured it out. Just use 1 range. DUH. =)

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Aug 28, 2015 at 6:49:46 am

You can get plain audio amplitude directly out of After Effects without Soundkeys by using the Audio Amplitude to Keyframes function. AE creates three outputs, left, right and both channels amplitude as keyframes.

Soundkeys react to the amplitude within a given frequency range, it is an extension of AE capability, where you can select which ranges you want something to react to, such as an instrument that falls within a given frequency range. Selecting the entire range of frequencies and you basically get the same results as After Effects audio amplitude both channels.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]