FORUMS: list search recent posts

Banding in Particle Gradient- Trapcode Particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyllea Kerg
Banding in Particle Gradient- Trapcode Particular
on Jan 23, 2015 at 2:43:10 pm

Hi everyone-
I'm having a problem with the Gradient Over Life feature in Trapcode Particular. I'm using a light as the Emitter and a Textured Polygon as as the particle. The Poly is just a thin, straight line so that the overall effect is that of wide ribbon (see image). The issue is that I'm getting a heavy banding effect in the ribbon and I can't figure out what's causing it. I've tried changing the Opacity Over Life, added tons of additional points on the gradient to try and smooth it out, increased the particles/sec and sometimes the banding is reduced but it's still really visible. The ribbon should actually be darker than this image, but the more contrast there is in the gradient, the more obvious the banding. If anyone has any ideas about other things I could try, I'd really appreciate it! This ribbon gets a lot of close-ups.

Return to posts index

Kyllea Kerg
Re: Banding in Particle Gradient- Trapcode Particular
on Jan 23, 2015 at 10:07:01 pm

On the bright side, if anyone's interested: I fixed the problem and now have nice, smooth gradients.
On the down side, I'm not sure how I did it. It may have had something to do with increasing the size of the solid the effect was applied to. That seemed to solve many other weird little issues I was having with other instances of the effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]