FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Form Wrapping around actor in footage

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Brookwell
Trapcode Form Wrapping around actor in footage
on Oct 2, 2013 at 8:55:37 pm

I am in the process of storyboarding a shoot where an actor is walking and interacting with trapcode form. I am just looking for an easy way to have the form's far back z particles be behind the actor while the close ones stay in camera? I have looked around and only see tutorials using particular. Thanks.

Dan

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Trapcode Form Wrapping around actor in footage
on Oct 2, 2013 at 11:33:58 pm

I see a couple of ways to achieve this - one - shoot the actor against a green screen and then create two layers of Form - one for the background (behind the actor), and one for the foreground/interaction.

The other way would be to shoot the actor against whatever background you're going to use, then use the Roto Brush to cut him out. Then use a background version (as is), a Form background layer, then the Roto'd shot of the actor, and the Form for the foreground. I would suggest that you get a clean plate for the background, just in case you need it as well.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Dan Brookwell
Re: Trapcode Form Wrapping around actor in footage
on Oct 31, 2013 at 6:49:06 pm

I am still working on these shots, and I have gotten into a problem. I have a long tracking shot (appx 250' dolly). I 3D tracked the shot and when i import the trapcode lines they do not run the entire length of the dolly shot (for obvious reasons). But when i extend the x strings, I have many problems in the way it gets disrupted fractally.

Message me for any further clarification.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]