FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Stroke won't live update when moving comp camera

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Matthews
3D Stroke won't live update when moving comp camera
on Jul 17, 2013 at 7:12:51 pm

I'm using AE CS6 and 3D Stroke 2.6.1 on Mac OS 10.6.8. I've applied 3D Stroke to a simple mask with comp camera turned on. When I manipulate the camera, the stroke moves accordingly in the Active Camera window UNTIL I start adding keyframes to the camera's motion. Once I introduce keyframes, 3D Stroke no longer updates with the camera's motion. If I animate the camera, and then go in and alter any of the 3D Stroke transform properties slightly (within the effect, natch) then it will suddenly snap to where it should be, but playback is very jumpy and confused, like it's "remembering" old camera positions and can't figure out where the heck it's supposed to be. Bottom line: I need to be able to see 3D Stroke live updating as I move the camera, or animating the camera becomes too difficult.

Can't find this problem addressed anywhere? Any ideas? I feel like it has something to do with how AE shows previews, because changing the preview resolution also snaps 3D Stroke to where it should be.

Thanks!

(Never had this problem with CS5, only after updating to CS6.)

Return to posts index

Damian Dunne
Re: 3D Stroke won't live update when moving comp camera
on Jul 19, 2013 at 12:39:08 am

Maybe you have the camera setting in 3D stroke not set to the comp camera.

be the ball

Return to posts index

Andrew Matthews
on Jul 23, 2013 at 8:18:07 pm

I said, "with comp camera turned on." I've been using this plugin for a long time with CS5 with no problems. Now even though my versions of AE and Trapcode Suite are up-to-date, 3D Stroke just doesn't want to work with CS6. Have not been able to find anyone else with this problem. I ended up going back to CS5 to complete the project. Sucks.

Return to posts index

Sney Noorani
on Jan 16, 2014 at 12:16:14 am

Got a solution for you, though I have to thank the other posters for helping me figure it out.

Short answer, turn off disk caching and purge all memory.

You're welcome.

Long answer:

Why; it's the same disk caching problem that AE6 has exhibited in other scenarios, AE is not displaying the current frame, it's displaying a cached frame so the only way to kick the problem is to switch disk caching off and live without it for at least long enough to do your 3d stroke tasks.

On a side note, I'm really irritated with Adobe for railroading users into buying CC if they want any of these stupid issues resolved. I don't want to pay a subscription fee, and much as I love AE, they can all go eat a d**k if they want to start squeezing me to quadruple my software spending...

Return to posts index

Andy Adkins
on Sep 11, 2013 at 10:00:21 pm

No luck? Same problem here but would describe it slightly differently: Camera position is updating correctly, but AE seems to be hanging on to previously rendered frames and not re-rendering as you interact, or ram preview. Exactly the result you describe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]