FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular 2, extending life of particles beyond the limit

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Porter
Trapcode Particular 2, extending life of particles beyond the limit
on May 20, 2013 at 12:02:52 pm

Hi to all,

I have a bit of a unique problem which I'm hoping someone will know the answer to. I am working on a big scale project which will end up being showcased on multiple 1080p screens, all stitched together.

So I have a comp that I'm working on which is around 10000 pixels buy around 2500 pixels.

I'm using particular to create a system which showcases multiple particle sprites slowly moving from right to left. The piece will last around 10 mins.

Now the issue I have is that my particles start to die off before the end of the composition. I have extended the particle life all the way up to it's maximum (1000 sec) but it's just not enough.

So is there a way to extend the life of the particles further, to say around 1500 secs? Could an expression work to allow me to go beyond the maximum limit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Tim

Return to posts index

Tim Porter
Re: Trapcode Particular 2, extending life of particles beyond the limit
on May 21, 2013 at 4:24:41 pm

Anyone?

Tim

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
on May 29, 2013 at 6:54:23 am

In a word, no. Is it a possibility to use Form which has no lifespan?

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on May 29, 2013 at 7:25:17 pm

Well,

Harry is correct...to an extent. You can't increase the life of the particle directly. However, if you think a little creatively, you can get it done. It will be a bit of a pain though. You will need to adjust you physics time factor under the Air settings to something like say, .5 instead of 1. Then, you will basically need to double all of your other settings to counter the effect. For example, you need to double your particle birth rate, velocity and so on...If you do that, then you can extend your particle life beyond the 1000 second limit.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best,

Mike Park

Return to posts index

Tim Porter
on May 29, 2013 at 7:40:46 pm

Many thanks Mike,

I've yet to test your method but it definitely sounds like it will do the trick.

Kindest Regards,

Tim

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on May 29, 2013 at 7:51:09 pm

No problem.

I tested it and it works. Otherwise, I would not have told you to do it. The only tricky part is matching the original look and movement by increasing the parameters. If you reduce the physics time factor by half, theoretically, you should double everything else and get the same result. However, I have not fully tested that yet.

Best of luck,

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]