FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular: Face away from ____ ??

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Pozzer
Particular: Face away from ____ ??
on Dec 21, 2012 at 1:57:16 am

so im just playing around with some ideas for a logo animation for a client. im trying to make a tree growing... sihlouette. i thought about using particular to have the leaves pop on via textured poly and the emitter set to layer. the layer being a pre comp with a tree branch shape that is drawn on with a stroke effect. as the branch is revealed, that polys are born there.

so that all worked fine. the only problem was that my little leaf shaped textured polys can only face either in 1 common direction, or a random direction. you might think random is good for leaves, but its not exactly what im going for.

so im wondering if there is a way to set the polys to face towards, or away from, a point. if they could all face away from, say, the center of the branch, then they would all face out into empty space, rather than all facing up, or down, or to the side.

im not sure if the emitter motion "outward" will do this. i currently have no motion on the polys because theyr not supposed to fly off into space. they just got born, and stay. so there might be a way to add some outward motion? i dunno.

anwyay, im guessing this cant be done, but figured id ask.

thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Particular: Face away from ____ ??
on Jan 9, 2013 at 2:06:22 am

With the method you are using, I cannot think of a way to orient the particles in the direction you want. If you were using a motion path or some other method to distribute them, then yes, but using a shape, no.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]