FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular Pre-Run Question

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Logan
Trapcode Particular Pre-Run Question
on Nov 12, 2012 at 10:06:59 pm

Hey guys,

I'm experimenting with Pre-Run in Trapcode particular for the first time and have noticed that it doesn't seem to fix the problem it supposedly addresses. It seems that though it allows you to begin a particle emission before the layer begins, this early emission does not STAY ON leading up to the first frame.

If you will notice the above image, the outer circle was generated by the pre-run setting and the inner is the main particle system about 10 seconds in. When changing the Pre-Run amount, all it does is slide the circle further away or closer to the actual emitter.

It seems that not having a constant emission that is then moved back in time via Pre-Run makes the feature somewhat useless. I thought the point was that it would begin your emitter back in time and not require you to slide the layer back until the particles fill their path.

If anyone has any info on this I'd appreciate it!
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
Re: Trapcode Particular Pre-Run Question
on Nov 15, 2012 at 3:42:10 pm

Pre-run does normally work as you say - particle emission starts before the layer in-point and continues. However, it looks like you have key-framed your Emission rate - are you sure the emission rate is constant before and after the layer in-point?

Matthew Keane

Freelancer based in Paris, France
- Motion Graphics, Video Editing & Effects, Watchout Programming & Live Operation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]