FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Stroke - Repeater cutting off on x-axis of original mask path bounding box

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bitterman
3D Stroke - Repeater cutting off on x-axis of original mask path bounding box
on Aug 16, 2012 at 9:29:16 pm

I'm having a problem where when I apply 3D stroke to a mask path and enable repeater, the repeater seems to have a problem extending horizontally on the x axis beyond the bounding box of the original mask path. It has no problem extending beyond the bounding box on the y axis.

Am I missing something? Any help is much appreciated!

Return to posts index

David Bitterman
Re: 3D Stroke - Repeater cutting off on x-axis of original mask path bounding box
on Aug 16, 2012 at 9:35:26 pm

I think I found out more about this. I had rotated the shape 90 degrees at which point the cropping at the vertical boundaries of the comp became visible as it became horizontal.

I've heard some buzz about this issue, so what's the deal, does 3D stroke have a problem drawing past the boundaries of the comp? If so, what if you have off screen objects you want to pan to, etc? any workaround for this issue?

EDIT: Ok, this continues to perplex. If I reposition the mask path and some repeater instances were beyond the comp window they are now cropped off. Even if I turn the repeater and/or effect on and off. Please help!

Return to posts index

David Bitterman
Re: 3D Stroke - Repeater cutting off on x-axis of original mask path bounding box
on Aug 16, 2012 at 10:20:45 pm

Ok, sorry again, I was moving the solid layer rather than the mask path. So as I understand it now the 3d stroke solid layer needs to be comp sized and not transform at all in order for the cameras to work together. I'm not sure if this will lead to other problems in the future, but apologies for my newb questions!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]