FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular compatibility with CS6?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lonnie bell
Particular compatibility with CS6?
on Jun 1, 2012 at 5:25:32 pm

I see that the entire Trapcode suite is now compatible with CS6 (including Form) with the exception of Particular - which I use a lot. Any idea when or if this will be resolved?
Thanks in advance,
Lonnie

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Particular compatibility with CS6?
on Jun 1, 2012 at 5:49:44 pm

I use Particular with CS6 and it works fine. Not sure why the website says it is not compatible.

Return to posts index

Eric Kirk
on Jun 1, 2012 at 6:23:36 pm

I second that. I've used and didnt even notice red giant mentioning compatibility concerns. Glad i missed it.

Eric

Eric D. Kirk
http://www.kirkproductions.com

Return to posts index

lonnie bell
on Jun 1, 2012 at 10:14:13 pm

Digging deeper into the Red Giant website - it's the orthographic cameras are not working with Particular.

If that's the only issue - then it sounds like Particular works, it's just the convenience of viewing the comp from different angles is crippled as of yet...

Out of curiosity, what's your experience gents, when working with the different orthographic camera views (top, bottom, left, right, etc...) while working with Particular in CS6?

Thanks again,
Lonnie

Return to posts index

Nico Jones
on Jun 9, 2012 at 6:16:26 pm

Hi there,

Admittedly, I'm in the early stages of getting to know AE CS6, but I'm having issues with particular. Specifically, it's not reacting at all when I move cameras around by dragging, says, their x/y values; it's not live-updating at all. And it doesn't work with any of the alternate camera views at all. But, once you do a RAM preview, it's working.

Presumably, this has to just be a setting issue, if some people aren't experiencing it. Anyone know what the setting is?? I've gone through the different preview options without much success.

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

lonnie bell
on Jun 10, 2012 at 2:20:42 pm

Nico - I think what you are experiencing is exactly what Red Giant was referring to and why they list Particular as the only Trapcode Plugin NOT compatible with CS6 yet...

On the upside - at least the renders are good, it's just the workflow may be more difficult without the non-"active camera" views.

Lonnie

Return to posts index

Nico Jones
on Jun 10, 2012 at 5:08:34 pm

Fair enough. Guess there's varying degrees of compatibility...

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/blog/2012/04/24/cs6/

As long as it's being looked into, it's not a big issue for me at the mo; just wondered if it was a personal setting issue.

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

lonnie bell
on Jun 18, 2012 at 1:27:53 am

Just visited the Red Giant website - looks like Particular is now CS6 compatible - kudos to the RG & Adobe teams!
Lonnie

Return to posts index

Eric Kirk
on Jun 21, 2012 at 1:01:39 am

Could you post the link. The only update I see says it is from May 12.

Appreciate it.

Eric

Eric D. Kirk
http://www.kirkproductions.com

Return to posts index

lonnie bell
on Jun 21, 2012 at 1:10:02 am

Erik - go to this page:
http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/support/compatibility/host-applications/

pick the pulldowns and you will see that the entire Trapcode Suite is compatible with CS6 on mac and windows...

Lonnie

Return to posts index

Nico Jones
on Jun 26, 2012 at 2:52:26 pm

Cool. Has everyone got it live-updating with cameras, or viewable in custom cameras? Is it actually a new version?

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

lonnie bell
on Jun 26, 2012 at 7:51:17 pm

I haven't updated yet - I'm on current projects, so I can't confirm. Hopefully someone else can confirm that other camera views are now operable...

Lonnie

Return to posts index

Seth McCollum
on Jul 17, 2012 at 2:28:13 pm

I tried updating and still not getting a live update with particles. Just dumping image cache and doing a RAM preview to see where they go. Really annoying when working with bounce.

Seth McCollum
e. sethmccollum(at)gmail.com
p. 571.357.2325

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]