FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to animate a particular cloud streak in an AE animated C4D project?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Chopra
Best way to animate a particular cloud streak in an AE animated C4D project?
on May 12, 2012 at 9:18:26 am

Hi all,

I have created an animation in Cinema4D and exported to after effects with the camera data and a number of buffer channels etc.

I would like to use particular to animate a number of cloud streaks flying through the animation and around objects effectively interracting with the 3D world of the export. I cannot seem to get the level of control over the light emitters positioning I'd like as it appears I have to keyframe every position as the camera moves because otherwise it will not interract well. I just wanted to know if there is a technique to do it better and gain more control over the movement especially in Z space that I may not know of?

thanks for any help.

fixated247 ;)

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Best way to animate a particular cloud streak in an AE animated C4D project?
on May 14, 2012 at 8:23:52 pm

Best way I know of would be to animate the light in C4D. The controls in AFX can be hard, especially if you are trying to have them go around 3d objects from C4d, which would come into AFX as a rendered 2d layer. Then, you can use the light or position data of a null or whatever to drive the emitter position of the Particular layer.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Chopra
Re: Best way to animate a particular cloud streak in an AE animated C4D project?
on May 14, 2012 at 8:59:04 pm

Damn that actually sounds like a good idea but I've already done the renders and considering the length of the render times is not an option now. Thanks for the reply anyway. Good for future reference...

Guess will just have to keyframe this the hard way.. :(

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on May 15, 2012 at 12:48:27 am

No, you dont need to rerender anything. Just use your C4d file to create the animation for the light and then save the file and export it to after effects. All you want is the scene setup with the light animation. You can use the same render and everything should match up, assuming you dont change the camera in C4d.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Chopra
on May 16, 2012 at 11:45:23 pm

Thanks Mike

That indeed has done the trick and is working out brilliantly. Thanks for that. Will save me a lot of work.

There is one other thing I need to figure out but I think its probably more of a particular question with regards to the buffer options; and that is; how best to get the same depth blur I have set for the rest of the scene (using the depth map exported from C4D) to effect the particular layer correctly. I have tried using the depth map but it just creates an incorrect blur as its of course based on the C4D scene depth and just mattes the particular as a luma matte)so I'm just going with the cameras own depth of field option and cranking up the blur percentage.. which looks good enough but was curious if there was another way you may or may not know of also?

thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on May 17, 2012 at 3:16:31 am

Sorry, I dont use C4d. I am a 3dmax guy. However, you are going to have a hard time getting a depth matte out of a 3d package to match up perfectly since you are creating the 3d particles in after effects. The best you can do is try to use the after effects depth of field and match it as best you can. I think you are on the right track.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Chopra
on May 18, 2012 at 9:33:23 pm

Thanks again. Painstaking but manually controlling the depth of field on the camera is looking ok so happy with it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]