FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Falling Leaves

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Probets
Trapcode Falling Leaves
on Feb 12, 2012 at 4:33:14 pm

Hi,

I have created some falling leaves using Particular 2.

I cannot seem to get the correct speed settings to make the leaves rotate smoothly and gently.

They are all jumpy and move around far to fast.

I have changed settings but none seem to make much difference.

Can anyone recommend which settings I choose to make them fall slowly and pleasantly?

They are basically vectors and move around as if being 3D.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Trapcode Falling Leaves
on Feb 12, 2012 at 9:39:15 pm

You should turn the velocity to 0 and use the gravity setting under physics. Turn it up to make them fall faster and down to make them fall slower. You can also mess with the spin and turb settings to give them a little random motion.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Return to posts index

Steven Probets
on Feb 13, 2012 at 11:27:15 am

Thanks for the tip! I think I will need to restart with default settings. I have played with them so much it has become a bit to 'altered' (but at least I have learnt the functions!).

The client wanted gentle gusts of wind. What kind of settings would I be playing with? Key framming 'Wind' variables? I guess this would be more what the turbulence and spin functions are for?

Thanks again! :) This is my first proper project so thanks for being so helpful.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Feb 13, 2012 at 3:12:18 pm

Here is a comp for you to look at and play with. A bit of a start so you can play with the settings and find the look you are after.

3679_fallingleavesfolder.zip

Best,

Mike Park

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]