FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to create falling snow scene with particular?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alireza Kheirabadi
how to create falling snow scene with particular?
on Feb 7, 2012 at 11:08:49 am

hi everyone,
i just realized if i could make a falling snow scene... sounds easy :) but the problem is how could particles(snow) fall on an umbrella? i tried it with "Bounce" panel, but it doesn't work and that's because of the umbrella object is planar image on Y axis & on & on & on... could anybody tell me how to fix it? here's my scene:

Thanks in advance
(suree fur me bad inglish;) )

Return to posts index

Eric Kirk
Re: how to create falling snow scene with particular?
on Feb 7, 2012 at 2:55:22 pm

Hello,

Since this is a bit of a cartoon, I think it's probably easier to pull off than if you were trying for complete realism.

I don't believe you can get snow accumulation with particular, however there are other ways. One, if you are open to another product is I think it's called DE Snow by Delirium which does have a pile up feature.

Second, and maybe someone can help me here. I can't recall who, maybe Michael Park but not certain. Someone did a tutorial on sort of an icy look for text. I remember what he discovered however was a way, using just AE to make the text look like it had a layer of snow on it. So, if you could key frame that, you may be able to make it look like it accumulates.

NEW addition: I just went out and searched. This was the tutorial, called After Effects Tutorial - Iced Up.

Mister Freeze.

Somewhere just before the 9 minute mark, he gets in to it.

Eric

Eric D. Kirk
http://www.kirkproductions.com

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Feb 7, 2012 at 3:49:50 pm

Hey Alireza,

You can use particular to do this. I will record a tutorial and upload it for everyone as it would be far too hard to explain just typing it out. However, it is pretty straight forward. Look for it in the next day or two. In the mean time, I will upload a project file for you with the settings done and you can reverse engineer it if you want. I took the liberty of using your image to help you out. I did not mess with any settings to make the snow look good other than simply making it stick.

3647_umbrellafolder.zip

Best,
Mike Park

Return to posts index

Eric Kirk
on Feb 7, 2012 at 6:22:08 pm

Thanks Michael.

I wasn't sure if you could do it or not with particular. Now, I'm interested to see it as well!

Eric

Eric D. Kirk
http://www.kirkproductions.com

Return to posts index

Alireza Kheirabadi
on Feb 7, 2012 at 9:13:09 pm

THE PROBLEM SOLVED! Amazing! I mean Ama- ... wait fot it... ZING! I got it! The solution is in the Wall Layer, Thanks Mike for solution, and thank you too Eric ;) it works pretty well, thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Feb 8, 2012 at 7:04:27 pm

The tutorial is now up. check it out here:
http://library.creativecow.net/park_michael/Particular-Training-04-Snow/1

Best,

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]