FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speeding up motion in Trapcode Particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Rice
Speeding up motion in Trapcode Particular
on Feb 4, 2012 at 9:17:57 pm

Hello, I'm working on an awards nominations project at the moment and have created some Bokeh style particles in after effects. The part I could do with advice on is speeding up / slowing down the particles without extra particles being left behind. I'm currently adjusting the physics time factor with keyframes in order to speed up / slow down the particles.

The best example I can think of for the motion of the particles is the 300 fight scenes:

however its been done to death in movies like Sherlock Holmes as well.

If anyone helping would like some screengrabs from the project i'm working on or any more info please let me know, I'd have uploaded some screenshots to this post however my Wifi's currently being a little temperamental and I've lost my patience with it.

Many thanks,

James

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Speeding up motion in Trapcode Particular
on Feb 5, 2012 at 7:51:04 pm

Is using the physics time factor not working? If not, not sure what you want. You could also accomplish the same thing by precomping the whole comp and then using time remapping. This works well if you have other video or elements in the scene you want to speed up and slow down in sync with the particles.

best,

Mike Park

Return to posts index

James Rice
on Feb 5, 2012 at 8:15:54 pm

Hi Mike, first of all thanks for the response. At the moment it's just a mock up for a client. I've got the video online now so you can view a short sample:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34104106/BIA_AWARDS_01_3d.mp4

I'll try the time remapping as that definitely sounds like a solution I've possibly just overlooked. You'll see from using physics time factor, the amount / positioning of the particles seems to change whenever its used. The more I'm looking at it as it is the more i'm adjusting to the effect, however it wasn't really what I was going for.

Regards,

James

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Feb 5, 2012 at 9:28:22 pm

Try this,
I attached a project file. I basically used 32 bit to make the particles shine a bit and used depth of field to enhance the bokah effect. Then, simply precomped it and time remapped. Is this what you were looking for?

3640_britishinsurancefolder.zip

Best,

Mike Park

Return to posts index

James Rice
on Feb 5, 2012 at 10:12:47 pm

Thats EXACTLY what I was looking for! You, Mike, are an absolute diamond. I really need to get better with the DOF setting, I used it in my comp but it's nowhere near the sophistication / neatness in yours. I've just invested in particular and hopefully my company will be doing so as well soon... so even more excuse to play around with it. Thanks again for your help

Return to posts index

James Rice
on Feb 5, 2012 at 11:46:02 pm

Thats EXACTLY what I was looking for! You, Mike, are an absolute diamond. I really need to get better with the DOF setting, I used it in my comp but it's nowhere near the sophistication in your one, as well as your glows / color depth. I've just invested in particular and hopefully the company I work for will be doing so as well soon... so even more excuse to play around with it. Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]