FORUMS: list search recent posts

Single Instance Explosion?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabi Bucataru
Single Instance Explosion?
on Jan 23, 2012 at 2:33:19 pm

Hi Gang!

I am trying to use Particular to make a one instance pop corn explosion, where one person whacks a mound of un-popped corn kernels with a light saber, and they explode all over the table as popped corn.

I was successfully able to have the pop corn explode (using the Sprite setting), but my problem is that I don't know how to make a single-instance explosion (as opposed to continuous particles), and have the popped corn lay all over the table for a couple seconds...

Any ideas very welcomed - thanks a lot!

Gabi.

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Single Instance Explosion?
on Jan 23, 2012 at 4:05:50 pm

It is actually pretty straight forward. Simply keyframe the particles per setting from whatever value you want to 0 on the frame you want them to stop. Next, create a new solid, make it 3d and position it to match your table top layer in your shot. Now, turn off its visibility. Go to the physics settings in particular and change it from air to bounce and then set your 3d layer to floor. Now, the particles should hit the layer. Tweak the settings to get the proper amount of bounce. If you are new to particular or after effects, check out my text to sand tutorial here on the cow. I basically covered this procedure in the second half where I demonstrated the 3d layer as a floor technique.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

Gabi Bucataru
Re: Single Instance Explosion?
on Jan 25, 2012 at 3:43:59 pm

Thanks a TON!

It worked like a charm!

Cheers!
gabi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved