FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sparks forming a word

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Kratt
Sparks forming a word
on Jan 20, 2012 at 6:07:33 pm

I have been asked to create an effect where sparks shoot quickly from a point, emit outward, and forms a word of sparks at the bottom of the screen. My first approach was to use the word as the emitter, set up the effect and then run the results backward but it hasn't worked out. For one, I cannot get the sparks to work to make out the word clearly enough. Second, the emitted sparks are not falling to a point. Anyone have suggestions?

By the way, I'm using Particular but anything built into AE that works is fine by me.

Thanks,

Rich

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
Re: Sparks forming a word
on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:02:18 pm

Hi,

A couple of thoughts - you might be able to use a spherical force field, set to a negative strength, to suck the sparks towards a point, but they might not move along a nice straight path on their way there.

Another way might be to emit your sparks from a point, and use the 'bounce' (rather than 'air') physics settings to have them interact with another layer. However, instead of the particles bouncing, you could set them to stick to the layer, which would be your word, and the gradual build up of particles sticking to the layer should reveal the word. You might need to throw a lot of particles at your word to reveal it legibly though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]