FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular bubbles a track matte etc

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill McQuay
Particular bubbles a track matte etc
on Oct 3, 2011 at 4:50:26 pm

I am trying to create an effect where rising Trapcode Particular bubbles (cued and synchronized by sound using Trapcode Sound Keys) act as a track matte for a .mov, revealing a second .mov underneath it. I have the bubbles generated but can't seem to come up with a convincing way to have a portion of the top image dissolve into the bubbles and reveal a portion of the image underneath. The goal is to eventually have the entire top image 'bubbled away' section by section revealing the image underneath.

thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
Re: Particular bubbles a track matte etc
on Oct 4, 2011 at 11:55:36 am

Sounds a bit like what's demonstrated in this tutorial:
http://qubahq.com/2011/01/tutorial-procedural-disintegration/

Although the video is long - over an hour - Quba shows a flexible way to set things up... Not necessarily the quickest or easiest way to achieve the effect, but generally his tutorials are good examples of methods which can be applied to other projects, so it's worth hanging in there.

Return to posts index

Bill McQuay
on Oct 5, 2011 at 3:55:09 pm

Hi Matt,

Thanks for taking time to respond. That is a great tutorial you referenced. I viewed it once and now will go back with mouse in hand to step through the process.

Much appreciate it, will let you know how things go.

take care,

Bill

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Oct 4, 2011 at 5:25:32 pm

If I understand what you want to do, you want specific portions of your comp to dissolve into bubbles, revealing the layer underneath. If so, I would break up the image into the sections you want to reveal in seperate precomps. Then use a new layer of particular for each section and use the layer emitter for particular having particles burst forth on one frame and simultaniously hiding the image. Do this for each section of the image.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Return to posts index

Bill McQuay
on Oct 5, 2011 at 3:53:03 pm

Thanks Mike,

I will follow that road and let you know how it goes. Your past tutorials on Particular are part of my reference library

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

take care,

Bill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]