FORUMS: list search recent posts

particle cloud of stationary objects

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Beall
particle cloud of stationary objects
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:28:56 pm

Using particular in AE,I need to make a particle sphere/cloud of objects that just spin slowly in place. How would I do this? If I set the velocity to zero, they never leave the emitter and are all at the same point.. If I give them any velocity (to give them random distances from the emitter), they slowly drift away from the emitter and I need them to slowly spin while being stationary..

?

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: particle cloud of stationary objects
on Aug 1, 2011 at 4:25:50 pm

Use a spherical emitter instead of point. Change velocity to 0 as well as random velocity. If you want the particles to rotate randomly in place, go down to the rotation tab and turn up that value. If you want the world to rotate, go to the world transform and rotate. You can keyframe this value or use an expression.

Return to posts index

Matthew Beall
on Aug 1, 2011 at 5:44:26 pm

Thanks Mike, using the spherical emitter was the key..

I can adjust the size of the cloud by adjusting the emitter x/y/z size.. perfect!

Another question: how can I specify exactly how many particles I want to use.. No more are birthed, none die..

?

Return to posts index

Eric Kirk
on Aug 1, 2011 at 6:17:25 pm

Hello,

I'm not the expert but I believe you can just select one of those presets so they don't die out (the one that is solid, left to right).

I know I saw exactly what you want in a tutorial recently. If I think of it, will post it.

Eric

Eric D. Kirk
http://www.kirkproductions.com

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Aug 1, 2011 at 6:30:56 pm

easy way is to keyframe the particles per second on frame 0 and 1 to go from a high value to 0. Then set you particle length to a number higher than your comp time. Then slide the particular layer down one frame to the left. You could also use the physics time slider and animate that to 0 as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]