FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Render Farm, extra Trapcode licenses needed?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Bussé
AE Render Farm, extra Trapcode licenses needed?
on Jul 13, 2011 at 5:47:39 pm

I want to setup a render farm for a project I'm working on now. I read that the AE render nodes are cross-platform, free, and don't require additional AE licenses installed on the nodes. But some plugins do require additional licenses for each node. Is the Trapcode Suite one of them?

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
Re: AE Render Farm, extra Trapcode licenses needed?
on Jul 23, 2011 at 9:27:25 pm

5 for 1 policy - With the purchase of each single-user license, you may install the software on 5 render-only machines at no additional charge. If your render farm has more machines then 5 per license purchased you are required to buy more licenses to accommodate the render farm. Render-only machines are those never used for front-end work, they sit on a rack or do not have a monitor attached and are used for rendering only, we appreciate you respecting our licensing polices.

For example

Buy 1 license 1 workstation, 5 render-only machines (or nodes)
Buy 2 licenses Up to 2 workstations, Up to 10 render-only machines (or nodes)
Buy 10 licenses Up to 10 workstations, Up to 50 render-only machines (or nodes)
NOTE: If you have more than 5 render-only machines per workstations (i.e. 5 workstations and 50 render-only machines (or nodes), you are required to purchase additional full licenses to accommodate you render farm.

Below is a list of products and how each are installed on the render-only machines.

Red Giant Software Magic Bullet Suite, Red Giant Software Primatte Keyer v3, Red Giant Software Knoll Light Factory - These products come with a faceless render-only version of software, this can be installed on each render only machine and does not require a serial number.
Red Giant Software Film Fix, Red Giant Software Instant HD, Red Giant Software Key Correct Pro, Red Giant Software Magic Bullet Colorista, Red Giant Software Composite Wizard, Red Giant Software Image Lounge - You may install the full version on your render-only machines, these require a serial number for installation. You will use the same serial number that came with the product for each of the 5 render-only machines installed.
All Trapcode products: Install the plug-in the normal way on each machine in the render farm.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]