FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fading out birth emitter along motion path with Particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claudia Delgado
Fading out birth emitter along motion path with Particular
on Jul 7, 2011 at 7:15:12 pm

This may be a simple question with an obvious answer, but I don't seem to be able to figure this out:

I am animating a group of particles along a shape layer using the "Physics group> Air group> Motion Path " method. My light layer is set up as a motion path, and the particles animate along the path beautifully, however, the "Birth"point of the emitter never follows suit with dying particles (= the streak of particles get LONGER along the path, instead of following it). Makes sense?

I would like to have the particles die off over time, so that they truly "follow" the motion path (like a swarm of bees would) as they are born and die.

Any tips would be greatly appreciates. Thanks so much!

Motonutty

Return to posts index

Claudia Delgado
Re: Fading out birth emitter along motion path with Particular
on Jul 7, 2011 at 7:57:05 pm

PS - Would it be easier to just make this happen with ParticleSystems II or Particleworld and move the position of the emitter? Am I making this too complicated??

Motonutty

Return to posts index

Claudia Delgado
on Jul 7, 2011 at 8:03:04 pm

PS - Would it be easier to just make this happen with ParticleSystems II or ParticlePlayground and move the position of the emitter? Am I making this too complicated??

Motonutty

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Jul 25, 2011 at 2:24:39 pm

Not sure what exactly you are trying to do. Do you want the particles to follow the path and be born at one spot, or the emitter to follow the path, and the particles follow the path and the emitter?

Return to posts index

Claudia Delgado
on Jul 25, 2011 at 4:57:09 pm

Hi Mike - I would like to have the particles follow the path for a while, then have the emitter fade out, so that the particles stop along the path and die down. Thanks.

Motonutty

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Jul 25, 2011 at 5:28:34 pm

still not sure exactly what you want. Do you want the amount of particles to fade down to zero? or the particles themselves all die at the same time, or the particles fade to nothing over a set period of time?

Return to posts index

Claudia Delgado
on Jul 25, 2011 at 6:50:19 pm

Hi Mike - trying to do the latter...fading out over time as they follow the path.

Motonutty

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Jul 26, 2011 at 12:21:24 am

If that is what you want, use the opacity over life box under particle. just ramp it down or use one of the presets on the right side.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]