FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D stroke & Invigorator

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kurt murphy
3D stroke & Invigorator
on Jun 7, 2011 at 7:24:05 pm

I'm using a 3D Stroke plug-in in conjunction with an Invig layer... I'd like the Stroke layer to mimic the Invig layer as it moves. I tried parenting the XY & Z position and rotations to an Invig Null (which multiple layers in Invig are also parented to), but they don't seem to line up correctly. One problem is that 3D Stroke has the X&Y together and Invig is split into X & Y. (I tried adding a "Separate XYZ) plig to the 3D Stroke layer, but it won't recognize its internal XY&Z).

I also tried plugging in the XYZ parameters by hand, but my 3D Stroke layer doesn't line up at all. Has anyone had any success with this?

Thanks,

kurt murphy

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
Re: 3D stroke & Invigorator
on Jun 12, 2011 at 3:53:12 pm

It's pretty hard to tell the problem based on the description. Can you post a project file?

Return to posts index

kurt murphy
on Jun 13, 2011 at 3:57:11 pm

Harry,

Thanks for looking into this. I've posted a small project. The easier problem is noted here (Comp 1): A 3D Stroke appears to orbit AROUND the cone & cube, until the camera moves to the front and you can see that the 3D Stroke is BEHIND the Invig layer (which it actually is). Is there a way to have the 3D Stroke actual orbit around the Invig objects (without faking it?)

My second problem is more complex ('parented to Invig Null' comp). I have various Invig objects on one layer rotating around an axis. I parented the Invig objects to an Invig Null (a new feature in Invig), so that I could move them globally. I'd ALSO like to parent the 3D stroke to that Invig Null so that it would move with the Invig layer AND rotate along the Z axis. The problem is that the 3D Stroke X&Y Position is together and the Invig Null has a separate X and Y parameter (so I couldn't parent it).

I DID parent the 3D Stroke Rotation parameters to the Invig Null Rotation parameters, but I CAN'T Parent the 3D Stroke X & Y because they are together and the Invig X & Y are separate. Also, as you can see, even when parenting the 3D Stroke to the invig Null, the Stroke appears behind the objects as the intersect.

I hope this makes senseā€¦..

thanks,

kurt murphy

Return to posts index

kurt murphy
on Jun 13, 2011 at 4:00:23 pm

Harry,

I attached a file but it ended up in a place called 'aep Files,' and didn't attach here..... I'll try to attach it to this post...

2449_invigstroke.aep.zip

kurt

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
on Jun 17, 2011 at 10:36:02 pm

3D Stroke cannot interact in "true" 3D space... in fact, no plug-in can without faking it. You'll have to split the behind/in-front up into two layers.

If I understand the rest of the problem....

Are you using a 3D Tracking Layer in Invigorator? That's been a feature for some time now, and it's how I always positon layers. If you are using a tracking layer, then you get one parameter for position, not several. So, I guess.... I don't understand the question.

Return to posts index

kurt murphy
on Jun 18, 2011 at 2:04:11 am

Harry,

<>

Thank you for responding. No, not a 3D tracking layer - now Invig offers Null object layers which use the same parameters as an Invig object.

thanks,

kurt murphy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]