FORUMS: list search recent posts

Form & Particular

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben le tourneau
Form & Particular
on May 24, 2011 at 2:25:45 pm

Hello Guys

Just been banging my head several times on the table and have come to the end of my RND.

Please can some one help me even if its to say your mental and that can't be done. I NEED CLOSURE.

I'm trying to Emit from a single point using trapcode particular and I want the particals to form a human shape.

I have some keyed footage and I have created the shape using form. However what my true desired effect is.......

For a single point to emit a spray and over time the density builds up to a human particle shape.

Any thoughts cleaver people.

Thanks for taking the time to read this brain fart.

All the best

Ben Le Tourneau

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
Re: Form & Particular
on May 26, 2011 at 3:41:10 pm

This is never easy to do. You can use a layer to emit particles from its alpha channel, and then run it in reverse. That's how I did this one here: http://www.graymachine.com/work/OLD/NatureMade_h264.mov

Even then, I was never happy with that one.

But, you could emit from a 3D layer that is in the shape of a human, and move them with directional velocity, wind or gravity. Then attract them to a point with the spherical field.

Once you get all of that set up, you animate the Physics Time Factor from 1 to -1, and watch the whole thing in reverse. So, in the end.. you'll have about half the comp as just a "set-up" for the reverse animation.

It's still kind of a haf-assed solution, but it might work.

The good news is that this will get a lot easier for you very soon. :)

Return to posts index

Luke McFadden
Re: Form & Particular
on Jul 24, 2011 at 7:06:19 am

Harry,

Just wondering if this has "gotten easier" yet?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]