FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting 1 particle per pixel gets strange result

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Throck
Setting 1 particle per pixel gets strange result
on May 2, 2011 at 5:43:56 pm

Hi,

I'm setting up form so that each pixel of my comp has one form particle. Much like the text to sand tutorial by Aahron.

I'm getting these strange squares when I set it up, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
Re: Setting 1 particle per pixel gets strange result
on May 3, 2011 at 4:24:59 pm

That's an odd one. When I duplicate your settings, I don't get that pattern. Can you post the project just out of curiosity?

Return to posts index

Mike Throck
on May 3, 2011 at 5:34:15 pm

I just create a comp (1280x720) create a solid, apply form and set the base form to 1280x720 and this is what I get.

thanks Harry

Return to posts index

Mike Throck
on May 3, 2011 at 5:43:38 pm

I have another weird trapcode situation, and I know you work over at Red Giant now so I thought I'd show you. The problem comes when I apply Starglow to an adjustment layer in my comp. Once I do, AE doesn't recognize a layer (with time-remap-freeze frame) in a precomp. Even if I delete the adjustment layer with Starglow, the layer in the precomp doesn't come back. Here are screen grabs of without Starglow:

and WITH Starglow, notice the big hole in the guys side:

Even more interesting, if I apply glow to the adjustment layer before I add Starglow, no problem. If I deactivate the glow the layer disappears again and won't come back even if I turn the glow back on.

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
on May 6, 2011 at 11:34:24 pm

I am forwarding this to support. It sounds like legit bug.

Return to posts index

Aurora Ness
on May 11, 2011 at 12:04:42 am

Hi David, this is Aurora with Red Giant Support. I am currently testing for this issue and would love to get my hands on your project file. If you could please send in just your project file to Support@redgiantsoftware.com so I can compare it to my current project. Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Mike Throck
on May 11, 2011 at 10:09:53 pm

Here's a project file with the Form problem, I can send you the Starglow project as well if you like.

2326_formbug.aep.zip

Return to posts index

Aurora Ness
on May 11, 2011 at 10:35:21 pm

Sure thing, if you'd like to post it here or to your case that would be great. Thanks Mike!

Return to posts index

Aurora Ness
on May 12, 2011 at 12:02:59 am

Hey Mike, I just replied to your case but I thought I would post the solution here as well in case anyone was curious as to the outcome.

For you first problem with Trapcode Form, this was a bug that has since been fixed in version 1.1.1. Updating your Form should get rid of those lines and you should be good to go.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]