FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mosaic Image

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Escurriola
Mosaic Image
on Apr 11, 2011 at 2:22:59 pm

I will like to do an animation with Particular2 or with Form to animate roughly 300 picts of employees towards the background in a 50x50 grid to create a Mosaic Image (See attached example).
Do ypu have any hints or tips how to perform this?
First of all, would you use Particular2 or Form?

lux_test2.jpg

Here another example of the Animation i did for another customer:
http://www.dve.ch/page/index.cfm?selNavId=3501

Thanks in advance for your help

David

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Mosaic Image
on Apr 14, 2011 at 2:31:22 pm

I would go with form. Use custom particles with colorize option and set the grid to whatever values in x and y you want to make the mosiac, but turn the z from 3 to 1. Then map the texture layer color over xy and dispurse the particles in the scene and then animate the dispurse back to 0. You can also animate the spin or rotation to make it more interesting. One final note, I would change the texture transfer mode to screen as I think it looks a little better and hides any clipping from layers intersecting.

Any more questions, let me know.

Best,

Mike Park

Return to posts index

David Escurriola
on Jun 2, 2011 at 3:57:16 pm

Hi Mike

Thank you very much for your replay. I was on hold waiting for my customer to react.
Here you can see the actual version of it:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3162355/Layout_12_mail.mov

Your "transfer mode in screen" input was not working since all the particles moving above other faces turned to look quite strange.
Istead of using the colorize option I've been using several masks to perform the job. May be your way was easier, but I couldn't
figure out how ;)

One of the biggest problems I have is dispersing the partices. From the second 60 till second 80 all the particles seem to be more or
less on the same layer. I will like to be able to increase the depth feeling. It's a bit weak the fact that you can't animate XYZ individualy.
I would like to have a larger displacement in the Z axis, so that they don't come so suddently. And if I try to animate the value within
fractal field the particles "wiggle" in the Z axis. Do you know what can I do to avoid this?

And my second question is: How could I make the animation even a bit more organic? It still seems to be quite "digital" to me.

Thanks a lot, Merci ;)

David

Return to posts index

Selcuk Artut
on Oct 10, 2012 at 5:51:17 am

Dear David,
Could you upload the movie for a preview again? It seems like the dropbox link is broken.
I am looking for a solution to do the same effect. Can you tell me how you succeeded?
thanks in advance

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]