FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Form String quality

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noah Velo
Trapcode Form String quality
on Apr 2, 2011 at 1:53:07 pm

Hello everyone,
I am trying to useTrapcode Form to create strings/lines coming from far toward the camera. I have used the Base Form as Box - Strings and I have used Z Rotation to +90 also the X Rotation to +90. The problem is that the strings/lines do not seem to be looking as they should, as a continuous string/line . They seem as if they are breaking up of some sort.

zaxis.jpg

Could anyone please help me with this problem.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Noah Velo
Re: Trapcode Form String quality
on Apr 4, 2011 at 12:29:41 pm

Anyone?

This is the second post that I post in this forum and never had any replies (on either). I doupt that my question is that complex!!!

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
on Apr 4, 2011 at 8:01:02 pm

Well, I can't speak for others, but I've got a baby due tomorrow. So, I've been a bit occupied.

What is your comp setting? Is this possible pixel aspect correction?

Here's a render of your settings in a 1280x720 comp.

Here are those same settings with the pixel aspect switched to D1/DV, and the particle size set to .2 to exaggerate it.

Return to posts index

Noah Velo
on Apr 5, 2011 at 5:56:03 pm

Hello Harry,
Thank you for replying and congrats on your baby.

Well my comp settings are shown in pic 1.

Basically what I'm trying to do is create a wireframe 3d grid type of world (see pic 3 & pic 2) where the camera movies in 3d space. Now what I try to do is set my comp setting to 1920x1080, then I create a solid layer 3000x3000 pixels keeping the pixel aspect ratio the same as comp. Then I apply trapcode form with settings shown in Pic 2 (keeping the particle size as default 1). I then duplicate that layer and changing only the X & Z Rotation to get the results shown in Pic 3.

Now when I create the camera and rotate its view the strings/lines that are "broken up" show fine after the rotation and the strings/lines that take the place of the original "broken up" string/lines get that break up effect.

Thanks for your help.

Pic 1

pic1.jpg

Pic 2

pic2.jpg

Pic 3

pic3.jpg

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
on Apr 6, 2011 at 2:41:31 am

Two questions...

1) Why a DVCProHD pixel aspect? 1920x1080 should be square pixels. A pixel aspect of 1.5 is generally reserved for 1280x1080, which is... well.. DVCProHD.

2) Why 3000x3000? Form responds to camera movement. It should be the size of the composition: 1920x1080 with a square pixel aspect.

Return to posts index

Noah Velo
on Apr 6, 2011 at 8:08:11 am

Well I tried square pixel at the beginning and then tried DVCProHD and yet still get the same results.

I used 3000x3000 because its easier to get perfect cubes without having to do a lot of messing around with sizes. But I tried Square Pixel for Comp Setting and also set my layer size to 1920x1080 same as comp and still got the same problem with the Z axis strings. See Pics below.

0_pic1.jpg

camerarotated.jpg

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
on Apr 21, 2011 at 6:43:02 pm

It is because you are viewing the comp view at an odd percentage (47%). View at 50% or 100% and it should resolve. AE doesn't do very clean resizing at all percentages.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]