FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D particles

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morgan Smith
3D particles
on Mar 29, 2011 at 7:04:42 am

Hope I'm posting in the right forum here,

I thought I had an ok grip on particular and then I saw this great video by Najork, and I can't figure out how he did the transparent plant and the frog scene. I've been experimenting with sprites but those clips really look like true 3d to me? The hdri type reflection/transparency or transparency is also really interesting.

Anyway not sure if its proper etiquette to reveal people's trapcode secrets but I've been looking over all the documentation I can find and I can't figure it out. Any tips would be really appreciated, thanks

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: 3D particles
on Mar 29, 2011 at 2:32:13 pm

The transparent plant is probably just some layers used as 3d polys in particular then use the particular layer as a whole as the source for a displacement layer to make it look like glass. simple, yet very cool effect.

the frog effect is just a matchmoved scene with emitters at the eyes emitting animated sprites. No real trick other than very good matchmoving and a good color balance between the footage and effects.

Return to posts index

Morgan Smith
Re: 3D particles
on Mar 29, 2011 at 4:14:50 pm

thanks for the quick reply mike!

completely forgot about displacement maps thanks. makes sense.

the frog looks like sprites but as i understand it sprites always facing the camera? or in particular 2 they rotate but aren't they flat? it looks like you get some perspective on the tadpoles or sperm or whatever those are

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]