FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode 3d issue (Form and Echospace)

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Benepe
Trapcode 3d issue (Form and Echospace)
on Mar 27, 2011 at 1:52:56 am

So i did a project last week and ended up having a major headache from this problem and was hoping that someone could help me out.

So in my main comp has 3 precomps that have echospace in them, and another subcomp with Form applied to it. Since those effects should be applied to a 2d layer, they are. Inside the precomps the motion moves in Z-space, but they're only 2d in the main comp even after continuously rasterizing.

In the precomps, I have a couple of instances of text that moves, and they're hooked up to Soundkeys. One of the layers has echospace applied. This is the same setup for all of the precomps that have echospace.

I know that turning on continuos rasterize forces after effects to render transformations before effects, but I'm not sure if this is what's causing the problem, or if it's something else?

Does anyone have ideas? End result would simply be to have the precomps effect (form and echospace) be moving in z space in my main comp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Harry Frank
Re: Trapcode 3d issue (Form and Echospace)
on Mar 27, 2011 at 11:12:50 pm

Why is the Form layer being precomped?

Once it is inside another compostion, the only way to have it follow the camera of another layer would be to connect them with expressions.

As for the Echospace layers, those should behave just like normal layers. I know they come from an "effect" but Echospose only controls the layers via scripting/expressions. Just make sure ALL of your echo layers are 3D.

It's kind of hard to visual your comp only with a description. Maybe a couple screen caps or a post of the project would really help clarify things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]