FORUMS: list search recent posts

Leaves falling off a tree?

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Hattne
Leaves falling off a tree?
on Mar 27, 2011 at 12:17:46 am

Hi all,
I'm about to animate leaves falling off a tree, and wonder what the best way to do it would be. I have access to both Form and Particular at the moment. I want the leaves to be on the tree and little by little blow off (as summer turns to fall...)

With Particular I can get them all sticking there, and by turning up wind get all of them to move like a solid block. Not very nice. Ideally a gradient map would make them fly off their initial position, but I guess this is not possible, or is it? This makes me think of form, which I don't handle well at all..

Is it possible to use gradient maps or similar? Would form be an option?
If nothing else I guess I have use particles of flying leaves and a separate layer where the leaves disappear from their original position.

Thanks for any suggestions!

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

Mike Park
Re: Leaves falling off a tree?
on Mar 29, 2011 at 2:37:07 pm

Particular does not allow you to animate each particle uniquely. You may have to look to a more creative solution blending several layers or go with a different plugin or software program

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
on Mar 30, 2011 at 11:56:12 am

Form seems like a good way to go, as you don't want the leaf particles being born, as they would be with Particular.

To make the leaves drop at a certain moment, you could try using an animated gradient map to affect only the vertical position and, with a bit of turbulence, they might drift convincingly randomly to the ground (although making them stop again when they land might be tricky - maybe let them drift off-screen instead?)

Return to posts index

Anders Hattne
on Mar 31, 2011 at 8:44:31 am

Hi and thanks for your input!

I think in the end I will use two instances of particular. One to have the particles birth from a layer emitter (fractal noise for size) and make the ..eh.. "death" of the particles coincide with the second layer of leaves blowing off.

I tried with Form and it's gradient maps, but it was a bit too new to me to want to risk the hours..

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]